Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports To: Operations Manager
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Accounts Officer to join our operations teams in Kigali in Rwanda. You will be taking charge of accounts and finances for our operations in Rwanda, and closely collaborate with our operations in Ghana, while reporting to your Operations Manager as well as our senior management in Germany.
- Provide counsel to the Operations Manager (OM) and the Senior Management on significant matters affecting the company’s finances, operations, and procedures.
- Advise the OM on all aspects of finance in carrying out their strategic objectives.
Assists the OM in developing and implementing strategic and business plans and budgets.
- Develop, review and maintain all finance and finance-related procedures to ensure they are aligned with the company’s mission, and comply with the local laws and procedures as well as our international partners.
- Oversees budgeting, accounting, payables, receivables, cash flow and benefits management functions.
- Assist and support the OM to develop annual budget and monitor and report budget performance.
- Manages the organisation’s risk by enforcing internal controls and assisting with external and internal audits.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable tax laws
- Hold quarterly procurement consultative meetings with Department Heads/units to ensure that the demand management plan is executed as documented and ensure that the procurement of goods and services is corrected as planned.
- Generate invoices and financial reports when required and follow through with the procedures.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial reports and provide quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Monitor expenditures, analyse revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to OM and Senior Management.
- Analyse financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or economics or professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, and CIMA.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of accounting experience with at least 3 years as an accountant.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of currencies.
- Very good knowledge of Rwanda Tax code and all the applicable taxes.
- Demonstrable track record of successful and sustainable financial management.
- High-level competence with structuring and negotiating complex transactions.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience in analyzing financial data.
- Experience with accounting software at an advanced level.
- Knowledge and understanding of strong accounting and internal control processes.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of financial management and IFRS, FASB and/or GAAP.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Free food and Drinks during working hours
- Possibility of remote work
- Internet data allocation for remote work
- Medical insurance
- Employee welfare benefits (for weddings, funerals)
- Interest-free loans based on your salary
- Employee bonding activities
Qualified and interested applicants should click the APPLY NOW button, and then click on “I’m Interested” and follow the instructions to apply. Deadline to receive applications is December 31, 2022.
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job.