Graduate Trainee Programme (Fast Track)
The Fast Track program is designed for unemployed or underemployed junior developers with 1-2 years of experience in a modern frontend or backend programming stack. The program aims to provide a path for applicants to gain proficiency in their existing skills and an opportunity to join the AmaliTech Service Centre for full-time employment as a Software Developer.
Part 1: Online course content
The first month of the program is entirely online, and the trainees will focus on the following topics:
- Software Engineering Principles: Introduction to software development methodologies, architecture, design patterns, and best practices.
- Coding Standards: Understanding and adhering to industry-standard coding practices and conventions to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Agile Methodology: Introducing the Agile development framework and the importance of iterative and incremental development in a team setting.
- Communication and Collaboration Skills: Teaching effective communication, teamwork, and project management skills to foster a collaborative work environment.
Part 2: In-person capstone project
The second part of the program focuses on hands-on training and evaluation through an 8-week-long capstone project.
- Trainees will be required to complete a full-stack group capstone project.
- Each group will be given a real-world software project to develop from start to finish, applying the skills learned during the online training.
The project will be completed with the agile-SCRUM framework, with mentors and industry experts from the AmaliTech Service Centre providing guidance and support throughout the project.
Expectations and Benefits:
● Stipend: Trainees will receive a monthly stipend during the second part of the program to cover their expenses and encourage total dedication to the capstone project.
● Accommodation: Accommodation will be provided during the in-person capstone project in Takoradi, Ghana, to ensure a conducive learning and working environment.
● Employment Offer: Successful candidates who complete the program and demonstrate proficiency in the capstone project will be offered employment as Junior Developers at the AmaliTech Service Centre in Takoradi or Accra.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, IT, or programming (coding) related background.
- HND with at least a year of programming working experience.
- Experience with at least one frontend or backend programming stack, such as React, Angular, Node.js, Django, Spring Boot, etc.
- Familiar with Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object Oriented Programming
- Good working knowledge of TypeScript is an added advantage.
- Must have a strong interest and temperament for Computer Programming
- Must have completed or are about to complete National Service.
- Initial Screening: Candidates will submit their applications, and their resumes, including profiles and portfolios, will be reviewed to ensure they meet the minimum requirements.
- Interview: a 25-minute interaction to kickstart the process to join our training programme.
- Coding Assessment: Shortlisted candidates will complete an online coding assessment to assess their technical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Mini-Project: Successful candidates from the coding assessment will be given a mini-project to be completed online, which a team of experienced developers will evaluate.
- Offer: Successful candidates will be presented with an offer for the training with a start date.
Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) who need further assistance and support for the application process should please reach out to our HR Team by sending a message to email@example.com or call our team on +233 50 161 9835. Should you contact our HR team, kindly provide us with information about your disability and how you would need assistance to complete our application process regarding your specific situation.
After successful completion of the training programme, Graduate Trainees have three employment pathways to choose from:
- They can get an employment offer at one of our Service Centres.
- They can use AmaliTech as a platform to be self-employed as we also encourage entrepreneurship.
- They have an option to seek gainful employment on their own.
Training and working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse IT/digital work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged in the training and successfully get to be on the job.
After successful completion of the training programme, the trainees can expect an attractive start salary with possibility of fast-tracking promotion depending on performance. In summary, you will experience the following benefits:
- High learning curve
- Attractive salary
- Possible for doubling base salary within 4 years
Due to our performance-based culture, the fast track for top performers has a strong impact on their compensation; doubling salary within 2 years is possible (Base Salary + Bonus).
Your Questions and Our Answers
The purpose of this programme is to train the youth in Ghana & Rwanda in advanced digital and IT skills. The successful candidates, if they choose, will have an opportunity for an employment pathway through our service centers in Rwanda to work for international clients on IT related projects.
It is a training programme primarily leading to various employment pathways. Upon successful completion of the training in good standing, the candidates will be offered a job in our service center. However, they are not obligated in anyway to accept our offer, and are free to choose their future career path as they see fit.
This programme will train the youth in Rwanda and sub-Saharan Africa, in the necessary skills for IT and digital employment. Candidates who successfully complete our rigorous training will then have an option to join one of our service centers. Employed graduates at our service centers will have a rewarding career in IT, working amongst a team of highly qualified professionals in a global and multicultural setting with great opportunities for growth, training, and development. A further option arises as the skilled youth has the opportunity to establish their own business and become self-employed.
Yes, please submit your cover letter, clearly highlighting what is your motivation behind applying for this programme and what do you hope to achieve. Also, it should include what experience or qualifications that you bring to the programme, which makes you the best candidate for selection. The cover letter should be no longer than one page.
The assessment will be the test of concepts in computer programming and your general suitability to the program. It will be proctored and will require access to broadband internet and a functioning computer with a webcam and Chrome or Firefox browser. It will last 70 minutes and can be taken from anywhere.
No, the reference letters are not required at the time of application. However, names and contact addresses of three professional or academic references are required during the application stage. These references will be contacted before the final selection.
The curriculum will be administered using a blended learning approach in a mix of online and on-site learning. It is self paced and instructor-supported. You will be largely responsible for the outcome, so you need to be self motivated and disciplined in order to successfully finish the course.
There are no charges or tuition fees that the applicant has to pay to AmaliTech at any step of the process. AmaliTech will bear all the associated costs regarding the administration of training and curriculum. However, the candidate will be responsible for their own personal expenses.
Yes, you will receive the support of instructors during the program. This entire program will be free of cost for you. There are no charges from AmaliTech for this, and successful completion leads to an employment pathway.
Yes, Amalitech is an equal opportunity employer, and special consideration is given to the women, people living with disabilities (PWDs), and individuals belonging to the marginalized communities.
You are required to submit a CV, a cover letter clearly explaining your motivation to apply for this programme, a photograph, scanned copies of degrees and transcripts, and other relevant certificates. Before the final offer is made, all the documents will be verified for authenticity.
Yes, the training not only includes the technical skills but general skills as well which are required to function efficiently in geographically distributed, multicultural and international teams (e. g. leading a team, project management skills). If you already have an advanced degree, it does not replace the training but is advantageous in your career advancement.
Ideally, it requires your full time commitment. But if you have confidence in your existing skill set and you can balance the training alongside your existing workload, you are most welcome to try. The course design is largely self paced, so you decide your own pace. But the help of our trainers would only be available during working hours, and failure to follow the pace required to maintain your standing would result in termination of your enrollment.
Do you have questions or clarifications?
Feel free to contact Richard Harry A. Botchway, our Recruitment Team Lead in our Training Academy in Ghana.