Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
AmaliTech is looking for a strong and motivated Software Developer to help build new and innovative products in a wide range of industries and mentor trainees to expose them to have real hands-on experience in the deliverables in our Service Centre.
You will be part of a dynamic, services first team in a client-oriented organisation that is passionate about customer experience.
- Hands-on development of the products that your team is continuously iterating on, including creating new experiences while ensuring high resilience, availability, and speed
- Collaborate with colleagues in product design, product management and systems architecture to develop experimental solutions and bring great ideas to life
- Market your new ideas internally and evolve them according to feedback and critique within an agile environment
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to ensure our customer experience is the best it can be while delivering software quickly with high quality
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development, and DevOps best practices
- Engage trainees in regular sessions and technical check-ins to help improve their skills through mentoring
- Conduct trainee evaluation to find the areas of improvement
- Perform code reviews
- Solicit and respond to feedback from trainees
- Attend all required meetings including weekly team and reporting meetings
- Assist in the development of individualised training plans
- Contribute to the development of curriculum and training materials
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Head of Department
- Work on assigned project(s) with the relevant skills in an agile environment
- Guide the young software developers during code review and retrospective sessions
- Regular upskilling by availing company provided and approved resources
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline of study
- At least three (3) years of practical application of software development and/or engineering experience
- Prior experience as trainer/instructor is an advantage
- Experience in designing technical course content is an advantage
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS preferred
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of DevOps capabilities such as automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery preferred
- Proven experience of working in an international company or on projects for international clients preferred
- Shares in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH.
Qualified and interested applicants should click the APPLY NOW button, and then click on “I’m Interested” and follow the instructions to apply. Deadline to receive applications is February 28, 2022.
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job. You have the opportunity of building an international IT career and working with global IT companies.