Senior Engineering Manager
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
We are hiring a highly skilled Senior Engineering Manager to join our team. You will be involved in the management of client accounts, ensuring client satisfaction, building client relationships, and ensuring successful delivery of requested services, contributing to the professional development of junior software engineers and defining strategic initiatives with AmaliTech´s management team.
- Oversee and manage key client accounts, ensuring client satisfaction, relationship building, and successful delivery of services.
- Monitor the progress and performance of client engagements, providing guidance and support to address any challenges or issues that may arise.
- Drive business growth by identifying opportunities to expand existing accounts and acquire new clients, working closely with the business development team.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight to your teams, ensuring the successful management and delivery of client engagements.
- Act as a mentor and advisor to junior Principals, offering guidance, support, and coaching to enhance their performance and professional development.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture, promoting knowledge sharing, best practices, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate closely with other Principals to align client engagement strategies, goals, and priorities with the overall business objectives.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development within the team, providing opportunities for training, skills enhancement, and career progression.
- Take a lead in setting a positive, inclusive, and ambitious working environment in the teams you are responsible for, as well as in the wider organisation.
- Assistant in managing projects where related expertise is needed
- Lead by example, demonstrating strong leadership qualities, professionalism, and integrity in all interactions and decisions.
- Contribute to the professional development of junior colleagues on your teams and beyond by serving as an official career advisor for assigned junior colleagues, including:
- Representing them in front of AmaliTech’s Career Development Committee
- Creating and overseeing development plans for them, and
- Conducting their appraisals
- Work closely with AmaliTech’s management team and other stakeholders in the organization to define strategic initiatives, prioritize resource allocation, and drive operational excellence.
- Represent the company in external engagements, such as client meetings, conferences, and industry events, to enhance the organization’s reputation and build networks.
- Collaborate with HR to support talent acquisition and retention efforts, including recruitment, onboarding, and performance management.
- Any other related duty that may be assigned to you by your manager or supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the IT industry, of which at least 2 years in management roles and at least 3 years in a technical role (Software Engineer, Scrum Master, etc.)
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex client engagements and delivering IT services, preferably in a senior or leadership capacity.
- Strong understanding of modern development principles and technologies, including but not limited to the software development lifecycle, cloud computing, microservice architecture, cybersecurity, and networking.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and project management practices. Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in analysing technical issues and providing effective solutions to clients.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies and industry trends.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead by example, inspire teams, and drive results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of building strong client relationships and collaborating across different teams and departments. Fluency to communicate (read and write) in the English language.
- Proven experience in mentoring and developing junior team members, fostering growth and career progression.
- Strong problem-solving skills and proven experience in managing challenging client situations and navigating complex client relationships.
- Strong business acumen with a focus on identifying growth opportunities and driving revenue through existing and new client accounts.
- Basic salary + applicable bonus model
- Free Lunch
- Extended annual leave days
- Hybrid work model (office : remote days, 3 : 2)
- Monthly internet data package for remote work
- Workstation (Laptop, 2nd screen, etc.)
- Medical insurance (self and several dependants)
- Extensive training & professional development
- AmaliTechies bonding activities
1. Application: Click on the “Apply Now” button to apply
2. Online Interview
3. Job Offer
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job. You have the opportunity of building an international IT career and working with global IT companies.